SEUMP Welfare & Charitable Trust
The objectives of the Trust are:
1. Granting of financial assistance to any educational institution for granting scholarships, prizes, medals, awards for excellence in studies, sports and scientific research, distribution of books and notebooks for poor and deserving students.
2. Centers for poor feeding and homes for the aged for the benefit of the public.
3. Providing for grants, scholarships, fellowships and other forms of financial assistance to the needy and deserving students for pursuing education, vocational training, skill development etc.
4. Providing financial assistance to the deserving persons for medical treatment, in any medical institution.
5. Providing financial assistance for performing and feeding the poor directly and through other institutions.
6. Providing legal aids to the needy people.
7. Establishment, conduct, maintenance of old age homes, homes for physically challenged men, women and children and persons with similar disabilities and also for granting financial assistance to institutions performing similar activities.
8. Providing for or contributing to education and scientific research and development.
9. Providing relief to the poor and advancing any other object of general public utility provided that the advancement of any other object of general public utility shall not be a charitable purpose if it involves the carrying on of any activity in the nature of trade, commerce or business, or any activity of rendering any service in relation to any trade, commerce or business, for access or fee or any other consideration, irrespective of the nature of use or application, or retention of the income from such activity unless:
- Such activity is undertaken in the course of actual carrying out of such advancement of any other object of general public utility and
- The aggregate receipts from such activity or activities during the previous year do not exceed twenty percent of the total receipts of the trust or institution undertaking such activities of that previous year
10. The Trust will not carry out any activities with the intention of earning profit and will perform with service motive only.
11. No activities of the Trust will be carried out outside India.